CREATE A SHORTCUT ON YOUR PHONE
If you will regularly be accessing your organization's VicNet portal from a smartphone or tablet, it may be helpful to create a shortcut to VicNet on the Home screen of that device. This way you won't have to open your browser and navigate to the VicNet page manually. Instead, you can simply press the icon on your screen and have it open to the Login page immediately. Below we've provided some steps you can use to add this type of shortcut on iOS devices and on Android devices.
SHORTCUT FOR iOS (iPHONE OR iPAD) DEVICES
The Apple operating systems include various options for making a shortcut to a website on an iPhone or iPad. The most straightforward way is to use the Safari web browser, so we'll show how to do that. The screenshots and directions in this section are from an iPhone 13 and specific to our church.
Open the Safari web browser.
Go to the login page for your organization's VicNet portal HERE
Once you have brought up the login page, tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap Add to Home Screen. You may need to scroll down to see this option.
5. Enter a name for the shortcut (e.g. VicNet) and tap the Add button
6. Now you will have an icon on your Home Screen with the name you designated. You can tap this icon to go directly to your VicNet login page. Your phone should be able to save your login and password.
SHORTCUT FOR ANDROID DEVICES
On Android devices, you'll be able to use a variety of web browsers to add a shortcut to your home screen. The screenshots and details in this section are from an Android smartphone using the Chrome browser. The process may differ very slightly for different Android devices or web browsers, but the steps should generally be about the same.
Open the web browser (e.g. Chrome or Firefox).
Go to the login page for your organization's VicNet portal. The Logging into VicNet section above provides some helpful information if you're not sure where to find the login page.
Once you have brought up the login page, open the web browser's menu.
Tap Add to... and then select the Home screen option. In other browsers, there may be a dedicated Add to Home screen option in the menu.
5. Enter a name for the shortcut and tap the Add button.
6. In the Add to Home screen box, choose to place the shortcut icon on your Home screen manually or have your device do this for you automatically.
7. Now you will have an icon on your Home screen, and all you'll need to do is tap that icon to bring up your VicNet login page